When Pandemics Collide: The Impact of COVID-19 on Childhood Obesity
- •Children with obesity face increased biopsychosocial risks during COVID-19.
- •Stress exacerbates inflammation and immune response in obesity and COVID-19.
- •The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly interrupted children's daily routines.
- •The health effects of the obesogenic environment are exacerbated by COVID-19.
- •Access to timely, comprehensive healthcare is critical during COVID-19.
Browne, N. T., Snethen, J. A., Greenberg, C. S., Frenn, M., Kilanowski, J. F., Gance-Cleveland, B., Burke, P. J., & Lewandowski, L. (2021). When Pandemics Collide: The Impact of COVID-19 on Childhood Obesity. Journal of Pediatric Nursing-Nursing Care of Children & Families, 56, 90–98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2020.11.004